Hi! I'm Sharon Wallace and CakeArt is my creation. All my life my passions have been cakes and art. When I was a teenager I pursued both starting with a job screen printing and a City and Guilds course in photography
Then at the age of 18 I saw a job advertised in a small family patisserie. It was a trainee position, I got the job and studied Patisserie one day a week at college. Very soon I was in charge of "small cakes".
At college I won a scholarship from the Worshipful Company of Bakers and as a result studied Chocolate and Patisserie in Switzerland. From then on I was hooked. Cakes and desserts have been my life ever since.
I have a wide variety of experience. I have:
- worked as head pastry chef in a wholesale desserts company
- worked for a number of top class hotels and hotel chains including The Runnymeade Hotel, Sheraton and The Hauteboy
- provided location catering for films and TV sets
- run my own business supplying wholesale dessert
- worked fulltime as a cake decorator in a Burnham bakery